Why Join the GHP
The Greater Honesdale Partnership represents you, the business owner in the greater Honesdale area.
Members receive a free listing in the “Visit Historic Honesdale” brochure which is printed annually and widely distributed by the Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau, at PA Welcome Centers, and local businesses.
Members will receive a free listing on our web-site, including a direct link to their own web page.
Members receive substantial discounts on informative seminars designed specifically for the local business person.
The Partnership holds street and promotional events designed to increase tourism to, and promotion of, the greater Honesdale area.
The GHP promotes and refers member businesses.
The GHP is your source of information about local events in the greater Honesdale area, and is your first point of contact for information about the greater Honesdale area.
The Greater Honesdale Partnership interacts with local government with your needs and concerns in mind.
The Partnership actively searches and applies for grant monies that can be used to improve our stores, businesses, and town.
Your membership dues go towards the promotion of the greater Honesdale area.
In 2022 GHP completed their goals by providing members with funding to update their building facades, raise funds for the revitalization plan, and stimulate the economy with a strategic marketing campaign. We continue to build a stronger, more transparent organization. Going into 2023, we will keep representing and providing value to our members. Below are our existing and future projects:
Improving Infrastructure and Safe Walkability
- LSA Monroe County Grant of $175,000 was awarded to implement engineering plans for the streetscape of Main Street. The local firm of Woodland Design Associates has been hired to complete our vision form our Downtown Honesdale Revitalization Plan. Design elements are planned for completion in August of 2023.
- LSA Statewide Grant awarded for $311,000 for a updated and safer connection on 12th Street between Church and Main Street. The plan includes greenspace, new fencing, and safety features for a walkable connection off Main Street as well as a Pavilion for social gathering Keystone Communities Program Façade Grant of $50,000 is available through GHP:
- This is a GHP grant that can be used as match funding by renters and property owners to apply for up to $5000 towards a project estimate of $10,000 with 3 estimates provided.
- Funding is still available call our office for more information.
Main Street Designation
- In 2022, GHP was awarded a DCED Keystone Community Program Main Street Designation! We also have been recognized as an Affiliate Member of Main Street America. Main Street programs are the lifeblood of our local communities and both state and national reinvestment statistics continue to indicate their critical importance.
- Responsible for the Fireworks off Irving Cliff, Harvest & Heritage Days, Winter Wonderland, and Shop Small Saturday and several retail promotions throughout the year.
- Provides downtown with holiday decorations, wreaths, a holiday tree in the park, and the Irving Cliff Star. GHP collects sponsor money for the Fireworks and Lighting every year to support these community events.
- Organization updates provided at Annual Meeting.